Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Just in case anyone was on the fence about whether vegans are insane...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nonsense. There is nothing remotely indefensible, intellectually or otherwise, about not wanting to eat meat. About a third of the world manage to do it without drivelling on about it.

It is people who turn it into an ideology and the main reason for this is to establish a moral superiority to make up for the fact that they can no longer have a bacon sandwich.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been asked'dont you feel better than everybodyelse' by a vegan. They seriously, seriously hate my answer
    I insist you read my posts properly before you reply, Peter.

I specifically said that not eating meat was intellectually indefensible only once it became an ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I insist you read my posts properly before you reply, Peter.

I specifically said that not eating meat was intellectually indefensible only once it became an ideology.
    What you actually said was that the only valid reason was not liking the taste. I was pointing out that it was entirely possible to have reasons for not wanting to eat meat, beyond not liking the taste, without forming an ideology or boring everyone to tears.