Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Captain, leader........

Captain, leader........

and while it is true he has a book to sell, it is so refreshing to see a true Arsenal legend who is not going to be sycophantic about the old fraud.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...l-10452297.amp

You haven't missed much by staying away, Tone.....like many of us you'll be better off remembering the club as we were not experiencing what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    and while it is true he has a book to sell, it is so refreshing to see a true Arsenal legend who is not going to be sycophantic about the old fraud.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...l-10452297.amp

You haven't missed much by staying away, Tone.....like many of us you'll be better off remembering the club as we were not experiencing what we have become.
    Also a terrible coach and someone you probably should ignore on all things coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Also a terrible coach and someone you probably should ignore on all things coaching.

lost all six matches as Granada boss.

Yes, without more detail, you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Like when my

hounds try to explain coursing to me, so much as to say "You don't know what you're doing".

Gun-dog people will tell you that their Retrievers smirk or roll their eyes at you when you miss a sitter. So perhaps there's something in it and football players are indeed in a position to recognise good coaching from bad.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    lost all six matches as Granada boss.
    In fairness, Granada are proper rubbish anyway, otherwise he'd never have got the job in the first place. I doubt even the mighty Zizou could've saved them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

He is clearly back on the drink and appears to be enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is clearly back on the drink and appears to be enjoying himself.
    I like the fact that the first thing he did was give Reo-Coker and Richardson trials. It's like those people who move to the Costa Del Sol and then look for a full english breakfast and fish and chips on the first morning/evening.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness, Granada are proper rubbish anyway, otherwise he'd never have got the job in the first place. I doubt even the mighty Zizou could've saved them.
    He didn't get the job because they are rubbish. He got the job because he already worked for the owners so they probably saved money by appointing him manager until the inevitable relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    He didn't get the job because they are rubbish. He got the job because he already worked for the owners so they probably saved money by appointing him manager until the inevitable relegation.
    Fair enough, I didn't know the details. Still don't think they would've taken him on if they'd been brilliant.