Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonos stuff ordered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I had to do it over again, I'd just but one of these for the main room and smaller Bluetooth speakers for bedrooms and such

https://www.devialet.com/

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If I had to do it over again, I'd just but one of these for the main room and smaller Bluetooth speakers for bedrooms and such

https://www.devialet.com/
    I've got the Sky Devialet system in the playroom and that's excellent value for £250!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've got the Sky Devialet system in the playroom and that's excellent value for £250!
    Back to my original question - what does Sonos actually offer other than syncing rooms? Any Bluetooth speaker can be synced to an input, why do you think you need Sonos at all unless you really like their speakers?

Back to my original question - what does Sonos actually offer other than syncing rooms? Any Bluetooth speaker can be synced to an input, why do you think you need Sonos at all unless you really like their speakers?
    Wireless surround sound for the telly, ease of use

Wireless surround sound for the telly, ease of use
    But you could connect any Bluetooth speaker to your telly. And as I said, you rarely actually use Sonos as an application. You turn it on, select where you want to play something and then go into the application you use to select music. If you play music in one room the overwhelming majority of the time (as we do) and/or you almost always use one telly (as we do) you will hardly ever use their software.

Sorry to be a downer mate, but I've had it for 7 or 8 years now I think and would not buy it again.

But you could connect any Bluetooth speaker to your telly. And as I said, you rarely actually use Sonos as an application. You turn it on, select where you want to play something and then go into the application you use to select music. If you play music in one room the overwhelming majority of the time (as we do) and/or you almost always use one telly (as we do) you will hardly ever use their software.

Sorry to be a downer mate, but I've had it for 7 or 8 years now I think and would not buy it again.
    Bluetooth generally drops far more frequently than wireless though

Bluetooth generally drops far more frequently than wireless though
    The connectivity between your television and the Sonos controller is no different than between your television and a Bluetooth speaker. One of the differences is that Sonos uses the internet so you are exposed to any issues with it as well as any bugs/issues in Sonos itself. With a Bluetooth speaker you have connectivity from the television to the speaker only, so only one thing that can go wrong.

That's my biggest issue with Sonos, the number of times it just stops working and you need to wait minutes for it to recover. Hard for me to say how much of that is due to my broadband and how much is Sonos itself.

Buy a Sonos Boost

Buy a Sonos Boost
    £99 so that Sonos works properly? I'd rather they fixed their software. It's an idea, though.

I find it intensely irritating that I can be surfing the internet and streaming movies without any issue but Sonos will then choke at the slightest disruption. They should make their software work better imo.

I had a long conversation with the electronics type expert in store one day and he eventually told me Sonos was not worth getting.

Something to do with it being too restrictive.

I am old skool and run an iPod through a Bose sound dock.