Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Are they playing their league games at Wembley also next season?
    I believe so. You've got to imagine it may very well compromise their home form.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yeah but why can it be them but not us. I guess they might justifiably ask why they can never finish above us, even when we've had a supposedly **** season and they've had a great one
    Because we are a much, much bigger club than them with the resources and finances to go with it. It is only normal than on most occasions the bigger teams end at the top.

It did occur to me during last night's game that their fans are far, far, far better than ours. Certainly on the 'passion' and song originality front.

Has that always been the case?
    Back in the day I reckon we were about the same then the publication of Fever Pitch filled the ranks of our support with utter utter c unts.

I particularly detest this habit of crowbarring a player's name into a **** eighties pop tune,

Sammy Nasri - Give It Up
    Alexis Sanchez Baby - Don't You Want Me Baby

Giroud to Hey Jude is okay

Yeah but why can it be them but not us. I guess they might justifiably ask why they can never finish above us, even when we've had a supposedly **** season and they've had a great one
    They can keep him, imo. We are a Champions League club, they are not.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Back in the day I reckon we were about the same then the publication of Fever Pitch filled the ranks of our support with utter utter c unts.

I particularly detest this habit of crowbarring a player's name into a **** eighties pop tune,

Sammy Nasri - Give It Up
    Alexis Sanchez Baby - Don't You Want Me Baby

Giroud to Hey Jude is okay
    Fever Pitch is right; it gave all the snobby spastics the courage to really "come out" as football supporters when previously they'd kept their heads down.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Fever Pitch is right; it gave all the snobby spastics the courage to really "come out" as football supporters when previously they'd kept their heads down.
    Alongside message boards becoming available on the web obvs.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I really, really, really find it hard to dislike this Spurs team. They are very competitive despite having spent a fraction of the money we have, they have a young, energetic manager who seems tactically astute and has them playing a style of football that I'd love to watch every week and with the exception of Danny Rose I can't think of a single player there that makes me want to punch him in the face. And I loved watching Yanwama and Dembele controlling midfield with a very physical style of play. We used to have two midfielders like that.

In fact, when the first one went in last night, I yelled out with joy. And I watched the entire match as I found it interesting.

So who's up for supporting Spurs as their second team then?
    Behave

They have a very balanced first XI and as long as they all stay fit they'll be right up there but they're a Harry Kane injury away from having to start Janssen

They will also inevitably implode because that's what they do

They can also all **** off and die*

*maybe not ACTUALLY die but you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    *They* have Michael Macintyre and Claude from The Apprentice
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Alongside message boards becoming available on the web obvs.
    True. But surely it's only a tiny number of people on the football-net who go to every game? Or even every home game?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    *They* have Michael Macintyre and Claude from The Apprentice
    Never heard of either of them, I'm afraid.