Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So Wenger says he's going to manage someone next year. The board have said that a

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A professional coach earning his living at The Arsenal Football Club might conceivably be rather more informed than chaps coaching kid's teams, to be fair.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about respect, I was simply suggesting that as a coach with a lifetime of experience in the game, he is porbably a useful chap to have around the place.

God knows where you got Pulis and Phil Neal from.
    Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.
    There you go - personal insult, attempted bullying.

True to form.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

What about Lord Harris of Peckham Rye, surely you respect *him*?

How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?
    I respect any man who can make a shedload of money from stripping his clothes off for gagging housewives.