Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went to Waitrose for my lunch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My word.

What were you doing up at the ungodly hour of 0800 on a Sunday?
    I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around
    5-30 every work day.. 8-00 at weekend if the kids allow it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?
    I have had such an evening about twice in the past year, r.

Two (large) glasses of wine is about my limit these days.

What's for breakfast on the walking days?

What's for breakfast on the walking days?
    Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.

Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.
    You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?

You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?
    Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.

Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.
    Oh yes, the works. Grapefruit and perhaps some other fruits followed by a full Onglay. We used to take lunch but now just a few nibbles and an emergency bar of something. We don't get out until half-nine onwards, so no chance of being back down for lunch, more a couple of afternoon beers before dinner.

I'm sure the very early hours are magnificent out there, but my clock isn't really cut out for that sort of caper, and I doubt the innkeepers would be too amused if we demanded brekky for half past five.

At 6am on Sunday I was just leaving the pub. That's civilisation