Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m still struggling to think of any world class side in history where a gangly string bean strongly featured, outside of central defence.
    They’re not built for it. They lack mobility and it takes an age for their brains to trigger signals to their feet, see ?
    You want lots of 5ft 10 mesomorphs. That’s just the way of things
    Zidane 6ft1 and Steffan Effenberg 6ft 2 might disagree

Berbatov, Zlatan - also fairly useful and 6ft plus. Dennis was 6ft. Kanu 6ft 4 Were the invincible world-class? Yaya Toure 6ft 2

(I did get the irony in the original post, btw, but made me think of which players have "quick/good feet for a big man")

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Zidane 6ft1 and Steffan Effenberg 6ft 2 might disagree

Berbatov, Zlatan - also fairly useful and 6ft plus. Dennis was 6ft. Kanu 6ft 4 Were the invincible world-class? Yaya Toure 6ft 2

(I did get the irony in the original post, btw, but made me think of which players have "quick/good feet for a big man")
    Robert Prosinečki and Zvonomir Boban - both 6ft. Also Niall Quinn - ok, I'll stop now

Robert Prosinečki and Zvonomir Boban - both 6ft. Also Niall Quinn - ok, I'll stop now
    Quinny could play once he had grown up a bit.

Henry was 6 ft 2. He could play a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Quinny could play once he had grown up a bit.

Henry was 6 ft 2. He could play a bit
    I was going to include him, but Sir C would point out that he was an athlete not a footballer. Look at him being an athlete here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_re9m2ATso

Pires was also 6ft 1 - the gangling neanderthal

I was going to include him, but Sir C would point out that he was an athlete not a footballer. Look at him being an athlete here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_re9m2ATso

Pires was also 6ft 1 - the gangling neanderthal
    If Henry hadn't been such a good footballer he would have scored more goals.

That's one for red to unpick

good shout, p

That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.
    Telling Dennis Bergkamp that he didn't score enough goals is like telling Led Zeppelin they didn't have enough hit singles.

Havertz is 6ft 4 and would blow away in a strong wind. Henry had balance

Like Chelsea, I guess, we want the version of him that played in Germany. The one even Matheus said could win the balon d'Or one day.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Havertz is 6ft 4 and would blow away in a strong wind. Henry had balance
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."