Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Actually, a tactical vote for Labour in some London constituencies is the only sensible option to keep the Illiberal Undemocrats out. I keep getting shrill leaflets from their candiate promising to try and reverse the referendum. And after all, it seems to be forgotten that this was supposed to be a GE to sure up the referendum decision. So my policy is to vote to keep out the Remoaniest option, and to vote for a EU-sceptic candidate where possible. Which in my case happens to be dear old Jeremy on both counts.

I won't deny that there is a lack of overall quality in the labour leadership squard. This reflects the Blairite domination of the parliamentary party and the paucity of genuine options on the left flank. That said, the Tory campaign and leader can be criticised also, and personally I would rather vote for a EU-sceptic with a sound record of opposing imperialism than a genuine remainer who, as home secretary, allowed known British terrorists to travel to Libya and Syria to advance the causes and terratorial gains of Islamism in persuit of wrong-headed regime-change policies, and to learn how to make bombs to kill us while they were there.
Does the fact that the person you might be voting for achieved two Es at A level because he's thick as two short planks play any part in your decision making process, Ash?

It's a serious question, BTW.