Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really considering employing someone called 'Grandad Holy Ghost' as manager?

Are we really considering employing someone called 'Grandad Holy Ghost' as manager?

When will we learn that we can't trust these latin types?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nonsense, we will have the Holy Trinity with us, hopefully with side of BVM!

Can we take the 'Jesus saves' and 'good on crosses' things as read?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nonsense, we will have the Holy Trinity with us, hopefully with side of BVM!

Can we take the 'Jesus saves' and 'good on crosses' things as read?
    The BVM would have to manage the women's team.

The BVM would have to manage the women's team.
    She's not there to manage, she's their to 'intercede' with her son.

I was always somewhat troubled by that. It broughyt to mind Jesus as this nasty chap sitting there saying, " lols, this lad can die of cancer, what larks!" and his mum saying, "Jesus be a good boy and let him live, go on, just for your old mum" which didn't really fit with the mild-mannered loving figure protrayed in the gospels.

Theology is hard, man!

I was always somewhat troubled by that. It broughyt to mind Jesus as this nasty chap sitting there saying, " lols, this lad can die of cancer, what larks!" and his mum saying, "Jesus be a good boy and let him live, go on, just for your old mum" which didn't really fit with the mild-mannered loving figure protrayed in the gospels.

Theology is hard, man!
    That's just your anti-Semitism coming out, though. Basically, you think Jesus and Monty are the same person

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's just your anti-Semitism coming out, though. Basically, you think Jesus and Monty are the same person
    I subconsciously believe that the Jesus-killer is Jesus?

Man, I'm fúcked up!

Think the board are just waiting for Alex Scott to finish her dancing show. Then she’ll take charge in Jan. Leave Emery to handle the Christmas stuffings against City and Chelsea.

I subconsciously believe that the Jesus-killer is Jesus?

Man, I'm fúcked up!
    It's all right - Grandpa Jeremy will help you with this crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Think the board are just waiting for Alex Scott to finish her dancing show. Then she’ll take charge in Jan. Leave Emery to handle the Christmas stuffings against City and Chelsea.
    Talking of christmas stuffings, my wife is English and demands two types of stuffing at christmas: 1) pork, onion and sage, which she refers to as 'forcemeat', and 2) some concoction of breadcrumbs and cranberries or some other nonsense, which she calls the 'stuffing'.

She also insists on having bread boiled in milk.

The English are an odd bunch.

Theology is hard, man!
    It also puts a bit of a hole in the idea of divine infallibility if Jesus has to be talked out of things by his mammy. I mean how dare she - a mere Jewish housewife, after all - presume to question the will of God?

It's almost as if the whole Marian cult is fundamentally heretical.