Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Google memo fella gone :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. The interesting question is whether he was sacked because Google actually think he did something wrong or because, as a corporate entity, it's the path of least resistance to sack him?
    Once it becomes public it becomes a matter of public relations and gets a public relations solution. The corporation must come first and if the actions of an individual harms the corporation they have done something wrong.

Just as scientific research always seems to publish results that suit their funders and attract more funding.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. The fella is just doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The fella is just doing his job.
    Someone within Google must have asked for that memo to be produced imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Books, A? Television?
    No silly, Washington DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. The interesting question is whether he was sacked because Google actually think he did something wrong or because, as a corporate entity, it's the path of least resistance to sack him?
    Well, I guess the question is whether he was sacked or paid off. Legal would have gone through each line of that memo and been consulted on the possibility of being sued. If he was sacked, they must believe that there is enough evidence to back their case. Paying off is always the easy option with little or no comeback but this bloke leaving effectively brings the whole topic to a close.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No silly, Washington DC.
    Ha! I should've remembered; fiction has to make sense, unlike the truth.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Well, I guess the question is whether he was sacked or paid off. Legal would have gone through each line of that memo and been consulted on the possibility of being sued. If he was sacked, they must believe that there is enough evidence to back their case. Paying off is always the easy option with little or no comeback but this bloke leaving effectively brings the whole topic to a close.
    sacked? paid off? same thing, he's out of the job.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He's not been banned from working. He will find another job, if he wants.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It does rather soften the blow if he's walking off with a cheque for $200k in his back pocket, though.

Definitely not the same thing
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Definitely not the same thing

of course it is. You are removing someone from their role.

Whether it is dismissal with or without notice or via a settlement agreement, the end result is the same. Paying someone off is a commercial decision made to reduce financial and/or reputational risk to the organisation.

Many football managers are referred to as 'sacked', when in fact, they have been paid the value of the remainder of their contract.