Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
Of course it's my opinion. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. It is our future FFS. It is clear that we are going to leave so how can we make it a success. I've seen nothing to suggest that it will be for the foreseeable future.

If you have something to suggest, please do enlighten rather than just coming up with a nonsensical response?
I have been suggesting things in detailed conversations here with many people for the last year and a half. Which is why I get exasperated when I feel I am being asked to start from the very beginning when confronted with statements like:

No leaver has actually come up with a path that actually leads to leaving being of genuine benefit.
Are you saying that no leaver has come up with any advantages of being independent from the EU? Or is it that there is no path to achieve those benefits?

If it is the latter, then for a start see my reply to Peter about the technical challenges, to which I would add that if the difficulty of that path is partly seen as the reluctance of the EU and/or some of its constituents elements to give us a fair deal then that only reinforces the critique of the institition in the first place. Put bluntly, if they are being cùnts then that is why we wanted to leave in the first place.

Ultimately we put more money into the EU than we get out, and we buy more stuff from it than we sell. If those countries who we are subsidising, while our own people go short of services we cannot afford, want to play hardball, then ultimately they will have to seek their free monies from elsewhere while Britain can continue to trade with the EU like every other country under WTO rules. Is China in the EU? Nope.

The worst possible path is the 'soft' (fake) brexit that sees Britain still paying in about the same amount, still have no control over its borders and laws and courts, but has no say in the EU either.