Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It's all contrived. No-one cares anywhere near as much as they claim. All these scenes of fans going crazy is heavily confected. Of course they are having fun, but the football is an *excuse* to have fun. That's because international football is inherently incapable of eliciting the same kind of visceral passion as club football. In a country like England, it simply lacks any real sense of tribalism.
    My God, you do spout an enormous amount of crap
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    My God, you do spout an enormous amount of crap
    I find it hard to believe that he actually means that. If so, he is mightily ****ing thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I find it hard to believe that he actually means that. If so, he is mightily ****ing thick.
    I expect that he believes every word very deeply

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I've always been better at this stuff than you guys

No, you just say you are better. If we were all what we considered ourselves to be then England would have won the World Cup.

If you genuinely think all that passion is contrived then you just do not understand people at all. And the idea that a country like england lacks any real sense of tribalism is laughable.

Of course there is a wider audience who are not football fans who get heavily involved and latch on to the sentiment but this is not the same thing at all. I think you are just getting yourself a bit confused.

What you are better at, my friend, is elevating judgement, instinct and belief in your own superiority over logic, reason, compassion and humanity.

Not that the latter are particularly relevant here. I just put them in to improve the rhythm and rhetoric of the sentence.