Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Wood really looks like a dangerous and effective fast bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, yes. It clearly wasn't a belting track at all as events proved. All these T20 fans like Berni thinking we should be scoring at 6 an over pfft
    It was at that stage, I assure you. And, with S. Africa's best bowler off the field, that should have been the time to capitalise. Instead Cook prodded and nudged at the thing as though it were a live hand grenade. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was at that stage, I assure you. And, with S. Africa's best bowler off the field, that should have been the time to capitalise. Instead Cook prodded and nudged at the thing as though it were a live hand grenade. ****.
    A pitch does not deteriorate as quickly as that - clearly was difficult to bat on. Not like Cook isn't in good form

A pitch does not deteriorate as quickly as that - clearly was difficult to bat on. Not like Cook isn't in good form
    A couple of hours earlier, Buvama and the nigh****chman had made comfortable progress, while de Kock was smashing it everywhere. There was nothing whatsoever wrong with the wicket.

nigh****chman
    wd the censor. Nigh Twât Chman

A couple of hours earlier, Buvama and the nigh****chman had made comfortable progress, while de Kock was smashing it everywhere. There was nothing whatsoever wrong with the wicket.
    In form players struggling to time it suggests otherwise followed by huge collapses the next day. Clearly was playing up a bit by the time of the evening session

In form players struggling to time it suggests otherwise followed by huge collapses the next day. Clearly was playing up a bit by the time of the evening session
    Well, Gary Ballance was able to stay in on it despite being notably shíte. Ergo, there was nowt wrong with it. I can honestly assure you that there was nothing happening.

He really is one of the dullest, most insipid and uninspiring batsmen I've ever seen play for England. He has the personality and appeal of a wet rag.
    whereas Sir Geoffrey was all fireworks wasn't he.....

Christ almighty.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He's quite feisty behind a microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Christ almighty.....
    Different era. This is a batsman-friendly time. No excuse for prodding about these days.

Different era. This is a batsman-friendly time. No excuse for prodding about these days.
    Funny...you can find a lot of youtube clips of Boycott playing some pretty ugly shots. He isn't the prettiest to watch.

That said, some of the wickets he is batting on look rather suspect.

Either way....lets not criticise a batsman for scoring slowly. Its silly. Some of my best innings were my slowest.