Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: If you're already c*unting off Emery, 6 months in, having had just one transfer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That depends which Ozil we would have had. The visionary genius, or the indifferent stroppy won who doesn't like a bit of intensity?

I do find it puzzling that Emery didn't even have him on the bench but at this point he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to implement a new way of playing and it's hard to believe that Ozil wouldn't be in the team if he was embracing change.
    Everything's sooooooooooooooo much better under Unai.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Everything's sooooooooooooooo much better under Unai.

Yes, glad you've finally come around.

It's great that we now have a new manager with new ideas and it's interesting seeing how they do or don't work out. It makes Arsenal worth following. Watching us fail year after year for the same reasons was just too dull to bother with.

Yes, glad you've finally come around.

It's great that we now have a new manager with new ideas and it's interesting seeing how they do or don't work out. It makes Arsenal worth following. Watching us fail year after year for the same reasons was just too dull to bother with.
    The new ideas trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The new ideas trophy
    Yup. It's miles better than the 'failing every year for the same reason but sticking by your manager for sentimental reasons' trophy.

Yup. It's miles better than the 'failing every year for the same reason but sticking by your manager for sentimental reasons' trophy.
    I agree, we have a manager who can now ship out the players he doesn't want, gets in new players that fit his style, and not suck it up to the so called world class players no matter how crap they play... wd imo

It will take time, and since we stuck by AW for the last 2-3 seasons when it was obvious it was going wrong, it is failr obvious we should give him a couple of seasons to get the changes we need done
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's funny because up until recently I could have sworn your reasons for thinking everything was sooooooo much better under Emery extended a leeeetle beeeet beyond "We may still be ****, but we're not quite as certain that we're always going to be quite so sh*t as we were under Wenger"

The FA Cup is a trophy, I quite liked winning that 3 of the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Yes. One heroic come back, one hammering and one deying the Chavs the double. Get in.

And some sexy goals to boot.

My only regret during the final AW years was losing the Uefa semi when 1-0 up against ten men at home due to shît defending.

But saying that feels as churlish as blaming Spunky for Nayim '95.

10 years of AFTV types moaning they wanted a real trophy, not 4th place. AW gives them 3 in 5 and they moan that they'd rather we were in the CL.

Dago out. AW, Ozil, Rambo in. And Santi back while we're at it. Even a half-fit Santi is better than any MF that this cûnt starts. And my missus is a better centre half than any of the fückers he's starting every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yes. One heroic come back, one hammering and one deying the Chavs the double. Get in.

And some sexy goals to boot.

My only regret during the final AW years was losing the Uefa semi when 1-0 up against ten men at home due to shît defending.

But saying that feels as churlish as blaming Spunky for Nayim '95.

10 years of AFTV types moaning they wanted a real trophy, not 4th place. AW gives them 3 in 5 and they moan that they'd rather we were in the CL.

Dago out. AW, Ozil, Rambo in. And Santi back while we're at it. Even a half-fit Santi is better than any MF that this cûnt starts. And my missus is a better centre half than any of the fückers he's starting every week.
    The midfield we are starting with now beggars belief. Ozil and Ramsey not in and ****ing Guendozzy starting? **** me, John Matthews looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    We all did really, I think. But back when we weren't winning it (or indeed anything else), the thinking was that now we're a massive club and a European superpower with a big, shiny new stadium and everything, winning the FA Cup was beneath us.

As ever, it's complicated
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."