Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To overly slate Emery at this stage is ridicules.

To overly slate Emery at this stage is ridicules.

The club has been in decline for years and no one could come in and turn that around overnight. Spuds and Liverpool have won nothing in three seasons and yet the pundits are in awe over their current managers.

As a club, on the playing side, we've been run poorly both on and off the field. in four of the past five seasons, we've recouped just £28m from player sales. We did rather better in 2017/18 at £105m by off loading Giroud, Theo and Ox.
    The wage bill remains one of the highest in the league and yet player valuations must be the lowest of the top 6 sides in the PL. Paying Ozil over 300k a week was a pure act of desperation for a player with his inconsistency. At least today, he was spared the humiliation of going missing, again.

No CL income in the last few seasons has also impacted upon the club's ability to bring in top players.

By contrast, Klopper has spent over £600m and recouped £419m in the last 5 seasons.

Emery, or anyone else, would need to work miracles to get us back into serious contention in the space of 12 months.

He's had a decent start and it's not *his* players who are largely under-performing.
    Let's just see what he's able to achieve over the next couple of windows before we begin preparing the gallows.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 12-29-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The club has been in decline for years and no one could come in and turn that around overnight. Spuds and Liverpool have won nothing in three seasons and yet the pundits are in awe over their current managers.

As a club, on the playing side, we've been run poorly both on and off the field. in four of the past five seasons, we've recouped just £28m from player sales. We did rather better in 2017/18 at £105m by off loading Giroud, Theo and Ox.
    The wage bill remains one of the highest in the league and yet player valuations must be the lowest of the top 6 sides in the PL. Paying Ozil over 300k a week was a pure act of desperation for a player with his inconsistency. At least today, he was spared the humiliation of going missing, again.

No CL income in the last few seasons has also impacted upon the club's ability to bring in top players.

By contrast, Klopper has spent over £600m and recouped £419m in the last 5 seasons.

Emery, or anyone else, would need to work miracles to get us back into serious contention in the space of 12 months.

He's had a decent start and it's not *his* players who are largely under-performing.
    Let's just see what he's able to achieve over the next couple of windows before we begin preparing the gallows.
    Yep. Some of the (over-)reactions to this defeat on social media have been laughable, to say the least. Liverpool have been the standout team in the PL this season and we were always going to struggle there, even with a somewhat depleted defence. I just hope Emery is given some chance to shore it up in the Jan window with a couple of signings who would at least shove Mustafi on to the bench and fùck Lichsteiner out completely. Even if not, we should still be in with a chance of 4th as Chelsea and Man U really are no better. That is all any reasonable person could expect for Emery's first season.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

I think people are reacting to the ridiculous optimism of a few weeks ago as opposed to where we are now.

I see no progress yet, but it’s early days. If there is no improvement by the end of the season, then we can start to talk about Emery leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Yep. Some of the (over-)reactions to this defeat on social media have been laughable, to say the least. Liverpool have been the standout team in the PL this season and we were always going to struggle there, even with a somewhat depleted defence. I just hope Emery is given some chance to shore it up in the Jan window with a couple of signings who would at least shove Mustafi on to the bench and fùck Lichsteiner out completely. Even if not, we should still be in with a chance of 4th as Chelsea and Man U really are no better. That is all any reasonable person could expect for Emery's first season.
    Its hard for a wily old player like Lickstainer" to come of the bench and be able to keep up with the current pace of the Premier League
    ...its a much different game favoring the attacker to even when the likes of Luzhny was about

Happy new years guns , you little cuddlebug you 😘

*shoutout to Harrysballs rip

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I think people are reacting to the ridiculous optimism of a few weeks ago as opposed to where we are now.

I see no progress yet, but it’s early days. If there is no improvement by the end of the season, then we can start to talk about Emery leaving.
    Hang on. We gifted Wenger 7 to 10 years of groundhog seasons, while paying him 8m per year. I hope, baring a disaster, we’d give any manager two seasons.
    I remember when Ferguson left, the pundits were all claiming that United stuck by their managers and wouldn’t go down the Abramovich route. What a crock of sh*t that turned out to be.

Hang on. We gifted Wenger 7 to 10 years of groundhog seasons, while paying him 8m per year. I hope, baring a disaster, we’d give any manager two seasons.
    I remember when Ferguson left, the pundits were all claiming that United stuck by their managers and wouldn’t go down the Abramovich route. What a crock of sh*t that turned out to be.
    Depends how bad it is doesn’t it? Are you suggesting Man U should have stuck with Moyes?

Depends how bad it is doesn’t it? Are you suggesting Man U should have stuck with Moyes?
    I’m not overly convinced any of the following managers were a significant step up.
    If a club like United have struggled to find a stable manager since Ferguson, we need to manage our expectations with Emery.
    Today was a pisser but it punctuates what we all knew about the squad quality and depth of our defence. The Greek lad is our best CH and he’d struggle to make the bench at Spurs.

I’m not overly convinced any of the following managers were a significant step up.
    If a club like United have struggled to find a stable manager since Ferguson, we need to manage our expectations with Emery.
    Today was a pisser but it punctuates what we all knew about the squad quality and depth of our defence. The Greek lad is our best CH and he’d struggle to make the bench at Spurs.
    It has very little to do with the manager, tbh. Unless the club is run by people who want the best for the club, it ain't going to amount to much. For the record, I think Emery has done ok with what he has at his disposal. The funds or lack there of, that he has available are likely to dictate much of what he is able to achieve.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It has very little to do with the manager, tbh. Unless the club is run by people who want the best for the club, it ain't going to amount to much. For the record, I think Emery has done ok with what he has at his disposal. The funds or lack there of, that he has available are likely to dictate much of what he is able to achieve.
    Fair points aside from one word. Pochettino. There are managers who can do more with less. Is Emery in that group? We will find out.

Is HB dead?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'