Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have this image in my head of Monty masturbating furiously as he post these types of threads.

Back in 5
    Do you suppose he can touch his own skinless pecker with the tip of his nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why is there reason to crow? And please don't say because we may not be quite as bad as some have made out.
    Because we have a chance to finish in the top four for the 22nd season in a row. This is an undeniably commendable thing that few other cubs can match

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I appreciate that, of course.

Perhaps I should tweet about it, or, as we now know it, 'unleash a twitterstorm'.
    Perhaps so. Maybe then you could end up having to retire from twitter because you're being trolled like Owen Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Seen. It's only within the context of this ongoing discussion that the Cup doesn't count.
    I beg to differ! It is acutely relevant to this discussion.

There are five 'major' trophies up for grabs each season: UCL, EPL, FAC, UEL and FLC - in that order of importance.

In the last three years We have won two and so have United, Liverpool and Spuds have won **** all. Only The two mega bucks boys have won more than us and we have also qualified for the UCL each year which only City have have also done. We are definitely not in the halycon days of the early Wenger Years, but it aint that ****!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I think our expectations are to have a manager who will leverage the financial power of the club, and any other means at his disposal, in order to try and win trophies.

The view of many, for very good reasons imo, is that Arsene Wenger is no longer such a manager.
    Did you go to Barrafina last nght?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Because we have a chance to finish in the top four for the 22nd season in a row. This is an undeniably commendable thing that few other cubs can match
    But - other than in a long-term historical sense - it doesn't represent progress, does it? Indeed, over the course of Wenger's career, it represents the reverse. Clinging onto top four 'status' by our fingernails would hardly be a cause for celebration - that's what we were doing a few seasons ago when we were skint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But we don't know about the club's financial model.
    I reckon we do, after last season
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Perhaps so. Maybe then you could end up having to retire from twitter because you're being trolled like Owen Jones?
    Yes, I could retire because of the violence inflicted on me by the words of twitter trolls, only to magically reappear, refreshed and convalesced, 12 hours later

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Do you suppose he can touch his own skinless pecker with the tip of his nose?
    I sometimes wonder if he can actually do anything else. Obviously I don't wonder about this very often.

No, not very often at all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

But - other than in a long-term historical sense - it doesn't represent progress, does it? Indeed, over the course of Wenger's career, it represents the reverse. Clinging onto top four 'status' by our fingernails would hardly be a cause for celebration - that's what we were doing a few seasons ago when we were skint.
    You can compare it to something like Coventry's run in the First Division/Premier League. Only Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal played in the top flight for everyone of the 34 seasons that they did. Hugely impressive but basically they were just hanging on for years and when they did go down, they were ****ed