Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Well no. The discussion has been more about how the team continues to have the same failings. Top 4 is irrelevant.
    POTY young man, I congratulate you. A succinct summation of events given without hyperbole nor bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I agree. As you know, I'm even less likely than you to get myself excited about it. However, I just felt Monty's tone a tad misplaced and felt the need to pull him up on it.

Is it Decline and Fall again tonight? It's on at the same time as the Saxon violence thing, I think.
    I'm not sure, I've got it set to record. glw out tonight, so I need to decide which lump of meat I'm going to experiment with. So far I have Komadoed a leg of lamb (slow roast with smoke) and some fat rib-eyes (seared then finished over indirect heat.) Both results have been marvellous. (The steaks might have benefitted from 30 seconds less cooking.) Perhaps I should try some pigflesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, our expectations are to have a manager as reliably good as Mourinho, Klopp or Guardiola.

Oh.
    Christ alive, you really are an actual headwanding spastic with potentially less football knowledge than even Rich.

Just stand back and have a read of your input above.

You utter fúcking dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We think times are bad for us, but over at the Taxpayers' Bowl it's definitely a Bleak House.
    Sure everyone would cheer if they go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not sure, I've got it set to record. glw out tonight, so I need to decide which lump of meat I'm going to experiment with. So far I have Komadoed a leg of lamb (slow roast with smoke) and some fat rib-eyes (seared then finished over indirect heat.) Both results have been marvellous. (The steaks might have benefitted from 30 seconds less cooking.) Perhaps I should try some pigflesh.
    It's on Friday nights I think. Finally saw the second half of episode one last night. Quite superb

I thought we were talking about football, though. There's nothing cruel or oppressive about football. It is a leisure activity.

This current appetite for wailing, gnashing hyperbole is reducing all discussion to, well, nonsense.
    As AWIMB conclusively proved in a lengthy discussion the other week, it's more than a business or leisure activity. Passion. Pwide. Love.

And getting mad and letting off steam is what football was invented for anyway. As an outlet for 19th century workers forced into grinding poverty having had not only their surplus value but their very lives and souls sucked out of them by unrestrained, vampiric capitalism. Great days.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's on Friday nights I think. Finally saw the second half of episode one last night. Quite superb
    Isn't it, though? I'm very pleasantly surprised by how good Jack Whitehall is, I must admit. Well first I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel my usual strong urge to strike him and then was impressed by his acting.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Christ alive, you really are an actual headwanding spastic with potentially less football knowledge than even Rich.

Just stand back and have a read of your input above.

You utter fúcking dick.
    I really think there's no need for this sort of abuse, sw. Can we not all behave as gentlemen?

Well, quite. For the shareholders it is a serious matter and they are entitled to ask whatever questions they deem appropriate.

The rest of us are just watching a bunch of lads kick an inflated sphere about. It's nothing to get excited about.

I'm wearing my pragmatic head today.
    It's each to their own, innit. You like television; is that not just a game, a play?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But is that not our minimum expectation now? And equally, does that not mean that you are tacitly accepting that, should we fail to achieve it, some very serious questions need to be asked about the management of the team?
    I don't think supporter expectation should matter in an ideal world.

I think those questions would be asked by the incumbent himself, who is likely to be best placed to ask and answer them (while has has the desire to do so) given he knows the club and his players better than anyone on earth.