Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really a fan of the Winter Olympics but it has been quite entertaining watching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I much prefer the Winter Olympics to the Summer Olympics.

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable.

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming a gymnastics with a twirling ribbon,
    Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)
    True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.
    Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!
    I'm unsure over how exactly doping helps a Curler, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I should imagine like Beta Blockers helped snooker players
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I should imagine like Beta Blockers helped snooker players
    pfffffft! Beta blockers...this is what makes a snooker player betterer

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    pfffffft! Beta blockers...this is what makes a snooker player betterer

Beers and fags #WengerOut
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I watched some curling on Sunday.

Scotland/GB v Italy. 3 fúcking hours they were playing for.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I watched some curling on Sunday.

Scotland/GB v Italy. 3 fúcking hours they were playing for.
    How have Ireland been getting on at the Olympics, SW?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Lot of core body strength needed apparently, especially for the brushing.

Who knew.