Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is the deal with Jorge's emergence as a bona fide social justice warrior on

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not denying he is as mad as a bag of frogs though
    There's a lot of it about, la. The artificially polarised nature of modern politics has sent a lot of people quite mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Twitter?

Is this a new development, or was he always one, but concealed it under a veil of moderate, mainstream lefty-ism when posting on Awimb?

Nowadays he literally brands anyone who has anything remotely negative to say about immigration as a racist.

I'm sure he never used to be quite that bad on here, did he?
    Speaking of racists. Did anyone see the black man/woman on 'This week' with Andrew Neil? (S)He doesn't like us white folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not denying he is as mad as a bag of frogs though
    They're not mad; they're entirely lucid and they're focussed on what they want to achieve.

Calling them mad gives them an excuse for promulgating their evil ideology. Don't excuse them, la. Hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    Speaking of racists. Did anyone see the black man/woman on 'This week' with Andrew Neil? (S)He doesn't like us white folk.
    I did see that. He seemed not to have noticed that he is - to quite a large extent - white himself.

I'm sick of being told that white people are terrible and evil. It's just sour grapes - it's not our fault we're better than other races.

:walksawaywhistling:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They're not mad; they're entirely lucid and they're focussed on what they want to achieve.

Calling them mad gives them an excuse for promulgating their evil ideology. Don't excuse them, la. Hold them accountable.
    Nah - they're just misguided

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Ok, he was always more than a moderate lefty in terms of his *politics*, but he was also politically incorrect, not impartial to the odd jocular racial or ethnic stereotype, and didn't really strike me as the pearl clutching type at all.
    You thought that someone who casually referred to members of our armed services as 'murderers' was a moderate, mainstream lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You thought that someone who casually referred to members of our armed services as 'murderers' was a moderate, mainstream lefty?

I actually think he is more moderate on Twitter than he was on here

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I suspect he was channelling his Irish Republicanism at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect he was channelling his Irish Republicanism at this time.

Thirteen dead!
    Nothing said!
    No more Bloody Sundays!

and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Thirteen dead!
    Nothing said!
    No more Bloody Sundays!

and so on
    ‘Nothing said’? Fùckers wouldn’t shut up about it for 40 years.