Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Don't think we can complain about Spurs there. THey didn't stop running, especially

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I remember people saying Kenny Sansom was too nice for a footballer. Must be why we signed Nigel Winterburn- he certainly wasn't
    Neither did badly. I know for a fact Nigel was a lovely man - helped out Merse a lot with his gambling debts for a start

Tierney seems a lovely guy as well - might have held him back (along with injuries)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Neither did badly. I know for a fact Nigel was a lovely man - helped out Merse a lot with his gambling debts for a start

Tierney seems a lovely guy as well - might have held him back (along with injuries)
    Oh, I don't think any of them are bad guys. But Winterburn was far from an angel on the pitch

Saka appears to be a genuinely lovely guy. Can't see any bull**** in him, on or off the pitch.

Saka appears to be a genuinely lovely guy. Can't see any bull**** in him, on or off the pitch.
    which may be why he gets kicked from 0-90 minutes, every match.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    which may be why he gets kicked from 0-90 minutes, every match.
    I think that is because he is too good for them. With White and Odegaard in and outside of him he is virtually impossible to defend against. The sensible thing to do is kick, nudge, block or shove him before he can turn and run at you.

A good ref knows how to spot this and deal with it. One day you will see an example of that. Could be a while.....

A good ref knows how to spot this and deal with it. One day you will see an example of that. Could be a while.....
    I'll not hold my breath, p
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Odin has put it about occasionally. Good to know it's there and that we won't be bullied.