Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It really is no coincidence that those feckers have been quietly

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't want a title we haven't won. I don't care how much they cheat off the pitch, I only want a title we have won on the pitch.

We are so close. We can get them next year, even with the cheating.
    We’ll only threaten them next year buy improving the squad and not doling out new contracts on players who aren’t good enough.
    The hangover from the Wenger years was the root cause of our last fall from grace. Too many average players rewarded with expensive contracts.
    The Jorginho renewal I accept, as it appears his value off the pitch equates to the handful of appearances on it.
    Partey needs to go. He gets robbed far too often and another year won’t improve him either.
    ESR was farked the moment we signed Odegaard but the club could secure a decent fee for him in the summer. I’d still keep Jesus for his trickery but Nketiah needs to move on, although his ridiculous contract won’t make that easy.
    Nelson, gone. Zinny, gone. Ramsdale, gone.
    A top midfielder and forward must be the priority ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We’ll only threaten them next year buy improving the squad and not doling out new contracts on players who aren’t good enough.
    The hangover from the Wenger years was the root cause of our last fall from grace. Too many average players rewarded with expensive contracts.
    The Jorginho renewal I accept, as it appears his value off the pitch equates to the handful of appearances on it.
    Partey needs to go. He gets robbed far too often and another year won’t improve him either.
    ESR was farked the moment we signed Odegaard but the club could secure a decent fee for him in the summer. I’d still keep Jesus for his trickery but Nketiah needs to move on, although his ridiculous contract won’t make that easy.
    Nelson, gone. Zinny, gone. Ramsdale, gone.
    A top midfielder and forward must be the priority ?
    I think we are good enough, with a few stronger squad options. What has cost us this season is the period up to Christmas where Raya was still all over the shop and we were fielding the Chelsea Havertz in midfield. Now that we have a decent keeper, a solid range of midfield options in place and the Arsenal Havertz up front we are a different side.

We lost the title at home to Fulham, Spurs and West Ham, and away to Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Fulham, all in the first half of the season. The side we are now would win half of those games at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My understanding (this could of course be complete *******s), is that a Portuguese hacker proved the links and supplied the information to the relevant parties. Citeh's defence will be, he could just have easily put the information there.
    Or that he gained access to it illegally. Or any number of other things.

With the right lawyers it could go on for years.

I think we are good enough, with a few stronger squad options. What has cost us this season is the period up to Christmas where Raya was still all over the shop and we were fielding the Chelsea Havertz in midfield. Now that we have a decent keeper, a solid range of midfield options in place and the Arsenal Havertz up front we are a different side.

We lost the title at home to Fulham, Spurs and West Ham, and away to Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Fulham, all in the first half of the season. The side we are now would win half of those games at the very least.
    As I've said before 1 point from 12 vs Fulham and Villa cost us. Not least because of the performances, most of the other games we dropped points, we played well enough to get something from.

As I've said before 1 point from 12 vs Fulham and Villa cost us. Not least because of the performances, most of the other games we dropped points, we played well enough to get something from.
    True. And City were 'there for the taking' this season. They are only going to finish on 91 points which isn't that impressive, for them.
    (I know they finished on 89 last season but that is because they didn't need to win the last two. Had we pushed them, they would have finished on 94).

What is clear is you can't go into January trailing because you simply won't catch them. We need to start well, get in front and stay there, as Liverpool did in the only season City didn't win the title in the last 7 years.

True. And City were 'there for the taking' this season. They are only going to finish on 91 points which isn't that impressive, for them.
    (I know they finished on 89 last season but that is because they didn't need to win the last two. Had we pushed them, they would have finished on 94).

What is clear is you can't go into January trailing because you simply won't catch them. We need to start well, get in front and stay there, as Liverpool did in the only season City didn't win the title in the last 7 years.
    City will win 5 in a row and Pep will **** off.

It is written.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    City will win 5 in a row and Pep will **** off.

It is written.
    Well it needs to be unwritten!

My understanding (this could of course be complete *******s), is that a Portuguese hacker proved the links and supplied the information to the relevant parties. Citeh's defence will be, he could just have easily put the information there.
    Yes, Rui Pinto.

Everything on the internet leaves a digital paper trail though. Investigators might not think it important enough to hunt down; it's only soccerball, after all. The details relevant to the AFC and Premier League etc. will be rolled up in other ongoing cases.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, Rui Pinto.

Everything on the internet leaves a digital paper trail though. Investigators might not think it important enough to hunt down; it's only soccerball, after all. The details relevant to the AFC and Premier League etc. will be rolled up in other ongoing cases.
    Will take 20 or 30 years. They'll find Jimmy Hoffa before they find City guilty of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, Rui Pinto.

Everyone saying that the FA, PL will let it slide or be lenient, let's not forget that they've pushed for this and mostly because of City's sheer unwillingness to be cooperative with them.