Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Misery is in the eye of the beholder. Those who find Leonard Cohen or The Smiths depressing are, in my opinion, miserable sods. Or they are simply not listening.

You can't really play The Stones to death because you listen to it with your hips, not just your ears. Tumbling Dice isn't going to get old.... or grow up. And it does fill me with joy every time I hear it So does Moonlight Mile. And Rocks Off. Winter. Monkey Man. Sway. The list goes on.......

The Beatles.... that is a whole other discussion. The genius there is songwriting and production. I could never get bored of Sgt Pepper.
Oh Peter, there we go again - disagreeing.

Pepper is grossly overrated, I'd take the White Album every time.

She's Leaving Home and When I'm 64 are just utter McCartney dross. Or to summarise better, the first three songs are great and after that you get mostly average songs, or rubbish, until Day in the Life, which is also overrated.

go to youtube and search for a video of someone playing Keith's guitar line from Tumbling Dice. There are a few. You don't need the vocals, bass or drum, just that guitar line. Keith is a genius.