Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: VAR is useless, but.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That goal was pretty much our fault. Should never have happened. They all switched off assuming the ball was out of play. When they switch back on, White is far too slow getting out to put pressure on the cross, and Raya loses his bearings, creeping ahead of his front post, again!

If anyone was assuming that VAR would sort it out they just haven't been watching this season

Thought the Havertz challenge was idiotic but not a red. I am still stunned by the notion that Bruno's whack on Jorginho's head could be considered anything other than violent conduct. But then again, VAR was never going to send him off for that after Newcastle's reaction to the Havertz yellow.

Newcastle really are a deeply unpleasant team and they might want to shut up about racism after the suspicious booing of our black players. I hear Jorginho refused to shake hands with them. Good
    Not sure how anyone can analyse the goal without mentioning Gabriel’s part in it. Wasn’t that long ago that he wasn’t in the team and someone on here had him the second coming of Baresi. He should have cleared the ball when it we first played into the box, it was Sunday league defending. Then he wasn’t strong enough to head it clear. Do I think he was fouled? Yes, but he still should have dealt with it anyway.

Agreed on Newcastle, vile team of c*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not sure how anyone can analyse the goal without mentioning Gabriel’s part in it. Wasn’t that long ago that he wasn’t in the team and someone on here had him the second coming of Baresi. He should have cleared the ball when it we first played into the box, it was Sunday league defending. Then he wasn’t strong enough to head it clear. Do I think he was fouled? Yes, but he still should have dealt with it anyway.

Agreed on Newcastle, vile team of c*nts.
    True, although when the ball came in he was the only defender not standing like a statue. Six defenders in the box when Willock retrieved that ball......

I don't think you can 'be strong' when stooping to head a ball. A small nudge in the back is going to shove you under it.