Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Wow, cheers, WES. Hadn't realised anyone had been listening to my rants on this all summer.

I'm not so bothered about the formation as long as the 6 you name are the front 6.

I'd be happy for ESR and MO to share the space between Partey and the front 3.

Can those two tackle enough?

If we've spent £130m and still have our MF based around a player who wanted to leave that Roma value at 10 mil, then Edu and MA can fück off.

If we have those six playing sexy, one touch Wengerball like a couple of the goals last night, I'll be happy and stop calling for AW to come back. All I want is sexy goals.
Oh I've always agreed with you that the best football we've played of the last 7-8 years was with Santi playing there. I always thought Cesc played better there as well, never liked him nearly as much as a no 10. And I don't think you want two defensive players there, just someone with some level of commitment and awareness which I think MO has. And as we said, it allows us to have MO and ESR on the pitch. ESR is more of a no. 10 than Odegaard imo.

And we've scored plenty of sexy goals under Emery and Arteta, you're being slightly revisionist there GG. The latter Wenger years were filled with innocuous possession and plenty of pointless sideways passing. His Barca obsession got the better of him, I'm afraid.