Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Are we really considering employing someone called 'Grandad Holy Ghost' as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ironic etymological interlude:

Apart from meaning 'hamlet' or 'village' the saxon word 'ham' as a place-name refers to the land between two rivers. The most well-known of these in our parts being the West Ham and East Ham between the Lee and Roding rivers.

Now some say that the two blue lines on the Israeli flag represent the Nile and the Euphrates, with the space between them being the land that Israel aspires to. I'm not saying that, btw.
    You're saying that it should be called 'Israelham'?

To be fair, I find it ironic that both the pork-rejecting religions trace their foundations to Abra-HAM

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, no. You have to have trifle. Again, you wouldn't think of eating it at any time of years because it's basically gloop. But, made with Madeira (never sherry), it's delicious gloop.

I don't believe anyone who tells me they like Christmas pudding. It's actively horrible.
    Christmas pudding is nice but requires the lubrication of double cream. A lot of double cream. In fact, the christmas pudding should be mushed into the double cream until the bowl appears to contain christmas pudding soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ironic etymological interlude:

Apart from meaning 'hamlet' or 'village' the saxon word 'ham' as a place-name refers to the land between two rivers. The most well-known of these in our parts being the West Ham and East Ham between the Lee and Roding rivers.

Now some say that the two blue lines on the Israeli flag represent the Nile and the Euphrates, with the space between them being the land that Israel aspires to. I'm not saying that, btw.
    One suspects that if the IDF put their minds to it they could probably take it, too.

wd the IDF. Doublenailshard when required.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes agreed, although that Heston won with an orange in the middle was actually pretty good. And I love brandy sauce. But of my 24 years in this country I think we managed Christmas pudding twice that I can remember, too stuffed the rest of the time.

Trifle I love, Mrs WES makes a wonderful one. But we got tired of throwing 80% of it so we stopped. Chocolates, cheese, nibbles with a few Negronis is my post dinner approach.
    I generally to the notion of dried fruit as any sort of a treat, so I dislike most traditional Christmas sweet things (mince pies, Christmas cake and pudding can all fúck off). It's just a legacy of a time when we didn't have nice things like sugar and chocolate and so had to make do with dried fruit. Fúck dried fruit. Fúck it in its wrinkly, not-sweet-enough arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One suspects that if the IDF put their minds to it they could probably take it, too.

wd the IDF. Doublenailshard when required.
    Have you ever watched 'Fauda' on Netflix. That's Israeli and terribly good.

Have you ever watched 'Fauda' on Netflix. That's Israeli and terribly good.
    No, the only thing I've watched on Netflix is Stranger Things.

Between my TV licence, Sky, Amazon Prime, Netflix and BT Sport I must be spending £200 a month on TV I never watch. How did this come about?

The lure of the small sausage is remarkable. Every year I make fancy nibbles. I make gravadlax, mini Lobster thermidors - that sort of thing. But I also make a big rake of chipolatas in honey and wholegrain mustard.

Guess which of these disappears most quickly.
    They are a remarkable thing. Like mini hamburgers - there was a time when any press event I went to there were always mini-burgers and people always pigged out on t

For cultural senstitivity in these difficult time - these also sound great

In Israel, Moshe Ba'Teiva (Moses in the basket) is a dish consisting of a kosher hot dog rolled in a ketchup-covered sheet of puff pastry or phyllo dough and baked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, the only thing I've watched on Netflix is Stranger Things.

Between my TV licence, Sky, Amazon Prime, Netflix and BT Sport I must be spending £200 a month on TV I never watch. How did this come about?
    I know. This is why I want to cancel my TV Licence, but the missus won't let me as she's frit.

Fauda's about this fat, bald sweaty chap who's part of an elite team that fights Palestinian terrorists. It's dead good.

I know. This is why I want to cancel my TV Licence, but the missus won't let me as she's frit.

Fauda's about this fat, bald sweaty chap who's part of an elite team that fights Palestinian terrorists. It's dead good.
    Is it in jewlanguage? I can't speak fluent jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They are a remarkable thing. Like mini hamburgers - there was a time when any press event I went to there were always mini-burgers and people always pigged out on t

For cultural senstitivity in these difficult time - these also sound great

In Israel, Moshe Ba'Teiva (Moses in the basket) is a dish consisting of a kosher hot dog rolled in a ketchup-covered sheet of puff pastry or phyllo dough and baked.
    Mini-Yorkshire puds with roast beef and horseradish are another favourite.

Did I ever tell you about the presser I went to when some mad pervert had made tempura cucumber and not warned anyone? That was one of the worst things I've ever accidentally eaten - right up there with the foie gras mini creme brulee I once ate in France thinking it was a normal creme brulee.