Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
Pretty lively last night, wasn't it? I thought the Conservative MP chap came across best, Thornberry the worst.

If you took the audience reaction as representative, you would begin to think that the Leavers are growing in number and in the degree of their anger. I really, really, really would not want to go into the next election supporting Remain openly or even having a suspicion about me that I wasn't going to honour the referendum.
Anger perhaps, but not number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...hip_referendum

Every poll in 18+ months thinks we were wrong to leave. Even after BJ got elected, it's 48-41 saying it was the wrong decision.

In 18 months, there have only been a couple of ties and a couple of 1% would vote to leave leads. All the rest, and all the statistically significant ones, and the rolling average of all of the, shows more want to remain that leave. For 18 months.

They might be getting angry as it's not working out as they hoped, and their dolchstosslegende is starting. But enough people have seen how bad it's going to tip the balance.

Why do you think no Brexiter wants a 2nd vote? If they thought they'd win, they'd call one.