Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So there we have it, the league is now finished and we can conduct a quantitative

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Did we get better in the league as Emery's influence had more time to take root?
    So this is your new approach is it?

When we play really well at the start of the season it's nothing to do with Emery but towards the end of the season when we go through a difficult period that's because Emery's incompetence finally took effect?

Would the other option be to admit you were prematurely harsh on Unai and he deserves a chance? That way you could start supporting the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So this is your new approach is it?

When we play really well at the start of the season it's nothing to do with Emery but towards the end of the season when we go through a difficult period that's because Emery's incompetence finally took effect?

Would the other option be to admit you were prematurely harsh on Unai and he deserves a chance? That way you could start supporting the club again.
    It's not an approach, it was simply a question. You can contend that Emery had more influence over the team at the start of the season if you choose.

It's not an approach, it was simply a question. You can contend that Emery had more influence over the team at the start of the season if you choose.
    I have contended nothing of the kind. We did add reading to your areas for improvement, didn't we?

I contend that Emery should be judged on the entire season, all 38 games including the 11 wins in a row, the 20+ games in a row undefeated and the poor finish.

Any rational, logical person who understood anything about football would do exactly that. Not you and Bunnell, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I have contended nothing of the kind. We did add reading to your areas for improvement, didn't we?

I contend that Emery should be judged on the entire season, all 38 games including the 11 wins in a row, the 20+ games in a row undefeated and the poor finish.

Any rational, logical person who understood anything about football would do exactly that. Not you and Bunnell, of course.
    Any rational, logical person would realise that Emery had enjoyed more time to influence the team by the end of the season.

p.s. Comprehension, not reading. HTH.

Any rational, logical person would realise that Emery had enjoyed more time to influence the team by the end of the season.

p.s. Comprehension, not reading. HTH.
    Any rational, logical person who understood football would understand that there are significant number of parameters that would need to be considered when trying to understand how a team performed over a specific number of games including the quality of the opposition, the nature of the opposition, the number of games played in a specific time frame, injuries, the age of key players, the decisions taken by the manager etc etc. And that to reduce all of those considerations down to the quality of the manager only would be really stupid.

p.s. Apologies, I assumed your issue was an inability to read, I hadn't gone as far as comprehension but if that's your issue then fair enough.