Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
No. This is not the same. This is a demonstrable lie with absolutely zero science behind it that is being peddled to us as a society as fact. People are being brainwashed, hustled and strong-armed into going along with it, but it is a lie. And if anyone dares to question it in public life they do so at the risk of their jobs and welfare.

This is not about being a reactionary old fuddy-duddy or any sh1t like that, it is about knowing the difference between what is true and what is false and thinking that there is an important difference between the two - a difference that is worth defending.

THIS IS NOT OK.
I am referring to the idea that society is ****ed. I don't disagree that truth is an important concept and that some things that shouldn't need defending, now need defending. (See vaccines for a more dangerous example).

It's just part of the ebb and flow of society. When I step back, things are better than they were when I was a young man, even if I do find myself raging at the radio more than I'd like to.