Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
and your approval ratings - like you - are leetle beet very short'

'Courage, mon brave! I 'ave written a bizarre and rambling piece for ze Guardian in which I cheerlead for ze EU while studiously ignoring every actual reason it eez struggling - all while sounding like a vainglorious, messianic fanatic who 'as completely lost 'is fùcking mind. Zat will sort zings out, n'est ce pas?'

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rope-brexit-uk
Exactly. Must have been 100k of us on Saturday at the Paris GJ march.

You'd have loved it, B. When we got there very early to the top of the Champs, there were only 3 groups with lots of big flags. One were commies. Usual. Next lot were Gaulllists with the Cross of Lorraine in their tricolors. And the 3rd were royalists, including one huge, dreadlocked black guy with a massive, wooden sword.

All ended up marching together united by their hatred of Macron. For one of my Gandhian beliefs in the inherrent unity of our species, it was beautiful to see.

We haven't seen much of him here in France. He turns up in some town hall for the televised Grand Debat, dispenses his wisdom and then goes back into hiding.

Thus, it came as a bit of a shock to wake up this morning to realise he's written to 27 other nations, informing them that he's crowed himself Emperor Napoleon-Charlemagne III, and would they awfully mind letting him rule them.

The bare-faced cheek of the man.