Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
No. It isn't. You like to think it is, but you're wrong. You assume the persona I adopt on here has always reflected my actual views. Since you don't actually know me in real life, that's fair enough. In the nicest possible way, though, I don't really care if you think I'm being hypocritical, since it's not germane.

What is increasingly clear is that this debate is breaking down along the lines of those who actually care about the fundamental democratic principle that people ought to decide how and by whom they are governed and those who give lip service to the idea, but really just see it as just a convenient figleaf for technocracy. I think you fall into the latter category.
I like to consider myself a friend of your persona on here. The real you I know nothing about whatsoever. If you have conflated the two on here that is your fault.

I shall keep pointing out that the persona is wrong on so many levels and a hypocrite. THe real Burney, I am assured, is a delight

I care about how and by whom I am governed. You know my persona well enough to know that I am a pragmatist who will dance with the devil that offers me the best hope of what I want. I have enough experience of the political world to know there are no real good guys and bad guys. I am still naive enough to believe that there are good ideas and bad ideas.

Brexit is, was and will always be a bad idea. However, people voted for it and I have accepted that. You dont hear me calling for a second referendum.