Quote Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post
There's no reason to drink the ****ty commercial beers in the U.S. anymore, we're in a golden age of craft beer. Coors. Try something local brewed:
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26676/240809/

It says no longer brewed, but it's out every summer and it's the tits. Their east coast / New England IPAs are best outside of Brooklyn's Singlecut and Finback.
I've not had great experiences with craft beer in America although that experience has been limited to the 2 or 3 bars I frequent during my 2 trips to NY each year on business. The problem I think is that increasing the amount of hop or malt flavor in beer doesn't really work in lager because of the carbonation. Too often I find the craft lagers in NY to be overwhelming, almost like drinking a floral perfume of some kind. I do tend to stick to the traditional American lagers like Miller or Coors as they're excellent. As bitter is a flat drink it can handle the increased amount of hop/malt but that doesn't in any way mean it is 'better', just different. I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate both.

Don't listen to the dated beer snobs in England when it comes to lager. Bitter is a nice pint when it's good bitter, I've almost had to spit out a mouthful of bad bitter it was so awful. Can't say I've ever had to do that with lager. There's a reason that every country in the world other than England drinks lager almost exclusively.

Oh, and the number one lager by sales in the UK? That would be Budweiser.