Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was the ref good last night? I thought he started well then decided

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. Which is why praising a referee for 'letting the game flow' is silly. What is actually meant is 'not doing his job properly'.
    No it isn't.. he can choose to blow up for every bit of contact etc, or let the game flow a bit more
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Not that it excuses anything, but I did think the challenge on Welbeck that led to their goal was a foul.
    Let's not forget that it was our usual abject defensive tom-****ery that is responsible for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    No it isn't.. he can choose to blow up for every bit of contact etc, or let the game flow a bit more
    Right. The important thing is he allows a good game.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Adhering to the rules is more important
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Please show me where in the rules it decides EXACTLY what constitutes a foul
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I just disagree that allowing the game to flow is the most important part of a refs modus operandi IF his means of letting the game flow is to be excessively lenient

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    No, never. The game is always more important than the rules.

And not just to your mum either; in life generally.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Letting the game flow is all very well, but not when it means failing to blow up for a foul that allows the scoring of an away goal that fundamentally affects the outcome of the tie.
    Highway robbery! Only to be expected from a ref named Turpin

I respectfully disagree Red
    Ever heard of "The ref's lost control" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Let's not forget that it was our usual abject defensive tom-****ery that is responsible for the goal.
    THree successive pieces of ****ery actually. Monreal is three or four yards behind his centre backs (**** knows why), Koscielny can't deal with a pub ball over the top and then Mustafi slips on his arse.

After years of this sort of **** I admire those who retain the capacity for surprise. Its nearly over...