morally superior to someone who doesn't give a **** about the horrors of factory farming and other facets of modern animal welfare and has absolutely zero inclination to not play a part in it. How could you not? You have laid out your position on how appalling it is. You may acknowledge that you aren't whiter than white, but you can't deny there is some moral judgement at play here.

So by your own standards, does this not make you a bit of a ****?

I would obviously never suggest such a thing, I am merely playing your own argument back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I am not convinced that is strictly immoral, nor do I think it is an easy sell. We can all argue which behaviours contribute towards human suffering and we would not end up with an entirely clear picture. Owning an iPad, using an aeroplane, driving a car, liking football.

One fact that is difficult to deny is that centuries of progress which have raised the standard of living and life expectancy for humans across the globe has been coupled with a system that sees animals treated more cruelly than at any other point in history. I really dont see any hypocrisy in acknowledging that and not wanting to be a part of it.

Of course, one may buy the wrong mobile phone but I dont think that completely invalidates the point above.

THe bigger issue is the question of moral superiority. As soon as one attempts to make or portray that argument one is a bit of a ****.