Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Acceptable hootenanny line-up imo

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Have you done the training exercise where you end up upside down in a swimming pool strapped into a pretend cockpit ?
    They don't really do that. You get chucked into a swimming pool wearing a life jacket and have to climb into a liferaft, that's about it.

By the time the flight deck is upside down and in water you're fúcked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Have you done the training exercise where you end up upside down in a swimming pool strapped into a pretend cockpit ?
    I think v did that to him to get the life insurance
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I will be alright then
    Practiced removing and inflating pyjama bottoms in the pool at school
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Pokster : I think v did that to him to get the life insurance

10 characters? Pile of cund.

Oh don't worry old boy, that takes the biscuit enough for me. Gunning around the skies in a nimble jet is firmly up there in the constellation of boyhood fantasies and must have been a very visceral thrill. I get only a hint of it when I push my bike up to criminally illegal speeds.

I don't wanna know about the high jinx on the A320 - I'm scared enough of flying as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    you could learn pretty quickly to aim the nose at your target and keep it there.
    Flying your jet into an extremely tall building, if you intend to hit it anywhere from about half way up to the top, is just a question of locking the nose onto the building from about 5 miles and staying there, true?

But what of actually picking your floor, as per of one the many conspiracy nutjob scenarios. Given the carcass of the building gives no visual clue to the floors within, that would be tricky? Or could their altometetrs have picked a floor for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Flying your jet into an extremely tall building, if you intend to hit it anywhere from about half way up to the top, is just a question of locking the nose onto the building from about 5 miles and staying there, true?

But what of actually picking your floor, as per of one the many conspiracy nutjob scenarios. Given the carcass of the building gives no visual clue to the floors within, that would be tricky? Or could their altometetrs have picked a floor for them?
    The altimeter is nowhere near accurate enough to choose a specific floor, no. I suppose you could use the radar altimeter but flying over a city that's going to be up and down like a bride's nightie.

In short, you're only going to hit a target you can see and point at.

The altimeter is nowhere near accurate enough to choose a specific floor, no. I suppose you could use the radar altimeter but flying over a city that's going to be up and down like a bride's nightie.

Of course,all in the assumption it did actually happen :cgi:

Thank fúck for that. I've been using that particular observation to blow conspiracists out of the water when they spin up the 'bombs already placed at the exact floor of aircraft's impact' nonsense. I suddenly realised the if the altimeters were clinically accurate then my counterpoint was flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Thank fúck for that. I've been using that particular observation to blow conspiracists out of the water when they spin up the 'bombs already placed at the exact floor of aircraft's impact' nonsense. I suddenly realised the if the altimeters were clinically accurate then my counterpoint was flawed.
    It didn't happen H
    Hollywood at it's finest imo