Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This Kroenke hunting thing is repugnant, but there is some pretty empty moral

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly so. And that's fine. All I ask is that they therefore temper their fury with the realisation that it is fatally undermined and shut the fück up about how furious they are.
    There is an easy answer to this. Tell them that Tesco are against animal testing and none of their products are tested on animals.

Tesco. Even Tesco feel more strongly about this than you do. Now shut the **** up.

Withdrawing your custom is the only input you have as a customer. Its also the only one you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There is an easy answer to this. Tell them that Tesco are against animal testing and none of their products are tested on animals.

Tesco. Even Tesco feel more strongly about this than you do. Now shut the **** up.

Withdrawing your custom is the only input you have as a customer. Its also the only one you deserve.
    Yes. People are terribly happy to point the finger at big, bad corporations while never apparently grasping their personal role in sustaining, supporting and - tacitly - endorsing those corporations and their actions.

It's basically a consequence of a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to all the bad things in the world, but at the same time a refusal to accept one's personal responsibility for those bad things because it would be inconvenient to do so.

Yes. People are terribly happy to point the finger at big, bad corporations while never apparently grasping their personal role in sustaining, supporting and - tacitly - endorsing those corporations and their actions.

It's basically a consequence of a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to all the bad things in the world, but at the same time a refusal to accept one's personal responsibility for those bad things because it would be inconvenient to do so.
    Well it is easier to play the victim.

It isn’t fair that the man that owns my club also endorses animal slaughter because now I have to make a choice between what I want to do and what I know I should do. Why should I be put in such a position?

Its alright for the animals, they are dead. What about me??? I shouldn’t have to alter my habits, spending, behaviours just because some evil corporation doesn’t share my views on everything. How dare they do this to ME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well it is easier to play the victim.

It isn’t fair that the man that owns my club also endorses animal slaughter because now I have to make a choice between what I want to do and what I know I should do. Why should I be put in such a position?

Its alright for the animals, they are dead. What about me??? I shouldn’t have to alter my habits, spending, behaviours just because some evil corporation doesn’t share my views on everything. How dare they do this to ME!!!!!
    Well precisely. People are more desperate than ever to parade their principles, but less willing than ever to do anything inconvenient to remain consistent with those principles. It's a sort of solipsistic stalemate.

Well precisely. People are more desperate than ever to parade their principles, but less willing than ever to do anything inconvenient to remain consistent with those principles. It's a sort of solipsistic stalemate.
    Nah, it's just Game Theory in action.

THe good news is that the Body Shop is no longer owned by Loreal, so you can shop there again.