Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can't he just buy a decent centre half?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Almost as if just dropping a player in there for one game here and there might not represent the true ability of the player if given a long run. Incidentally, apart from the Blackburn debacle where he came off the bench after about 20 minutes to replace Martin Keown in a defence that also included Cygan and van Bronkhurst, when else do you think he played centre half for us?
    Complete wrong 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Complete wrong 'un.
    Well, quite. Surely everyone knows that it was his very inconsistency at centre back that led to his then manager, Carlos Alberto Parreira, moving him into midfield in the first place.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Complete wrong 'un.
    I watched that game in a Cork pub with my United supporting cousin and a Blackburn fan - it hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I watched that game in a Cork pub with my United supporting cousin and a Blackburn fan - it hurt
    I watched the game at Newcastle with Bergkamp's famous goal in a pub in Cork. It was hugely entertaining watching a pub load of united fans trying to convince themselves it was a fluke.