Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
No, but the menu looked very good outside of the lamination bit and was heaving with locals and made 'top 10 restaurants in Sarlat' when I googled it. Yer average Frenchie local really doesn't get good food anymore, I think.

Land Rover, I know.

Engine shut down with a warning light on while I was on the A28. Car still in France as the insurance company and their French contacts were a special kind of useless, hasn't even book looked at. I had to take a ferry, yes a ferry, from Caen to Portsmouth.

God, the state if the clientele on that thing. Is there actually an attractive well-dressed Scottish person on the entire face of the earth?

My driving holidays in France are now over. Never again.

Congrats BTW, saw your and V's Facebook post.
Oh it's much easier to eat well in the UK than it is in France. Has been for years; but the good stuff in France, when found, is simply better than the good stuff in UK. That's why I go back to the same place each year. Inside knowledge, see?

Land Rover. Self-inflicted and entirely predictable. What were you thinking? I often ask myself this question. People voluntarily walk into a Land Rover dealership and fork out tens of thousands of pounds on a product they know will break. It makes no sense.