Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
I'm similar - apart from those moments of arse-puckering dread when the reality pokes through that I'm trapped in a metal tube hurtling through the sky at unholy speeds, breathing recycled air and with only thin layers of aluminium and plastic between me and a howling, freezing environment that is quite incapable of sustaining human life, I'm cool.

I do wish they wouldn't keep telling you how high up you are and how cold it is outside. I really, really don't want to know. Mind you, if I had my way, airliners wouldn't have windows.

And as for these freaks who want to look at views offered by the cameras OUTSIDE THE PLANE - what the fück is wrong with them?
I am fairly ok with the idea of dying, that doesn't bother me too much. I have to make sure I don't think about the fact that I am stuck in close proximity to a heaving, stinking mass of humanity for the next 6/8/13 hours, there is nothing I can do about it and I cant even have a ****ing fag. Death is ok, what terrifies me is delays. If the slightest thing goes wrong I am going to want a fag. And then things turn nasty.