Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
When the mines closed I'm not sure how many felt that they were in a realistic position to become tech billionaires and Hollywood film producers, tbh. Disagreeing with the policy of shutting down that industry isn't the same as wishing to condemn those miners to a lifetime of that job. Overall most probably would have preferred the option of keeping their old jobs for a while at least, until they could land the job as Microsoft CEO.

As for the despicable Hillary - yes, she is that. Reinforces my point in fact that a so-called progressive openly despises the workers while a capitalist is at least able to portary a PR front which respects them.
Actually, while I obviously think Hillary is a cancer-deserving ****, the "deplorables" line was heavily manipulated to damage her (and it may very well have lost her the election).

In fact, all she said was that a certain demographic of Trump supporter was "deplorable" whereas the rest consisted simply of those “who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change."

Which is basically a fair assessment, right?