Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Yeah, I get that you think that, b.

I think the problem is you have a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own. So now we have to change toilet customs for a few awkward and confused benders who cant decide whether to piss standing up.

I suggested a third toilet called 'other' for all the various weirdos and tossers. Didn't go down well.

There is also an issue with dyslexics and other blaggers using the disabled toilets which should be set aside for spaccas.

I think I am just reaching an age where this stuff annoys me.
No, you had a couple of generations that lost all credibility, having brought the world to its knees in great big wars and such to the point that their descendents roundly rejected both them and everything they stood for. Not that they had any better ideas or anything, simply that so long as it was new and different, it must be good and if it was old and traditional and their parents did it, it must be bad.

This phenomenon is particularly stark on the continent (oddly enough, I suppose) where you have teenage Germans, for example, bemoaning the fact that, on their worldly travels, they are often subjected to Nazi jibes, even though that whole sorry business had obviously nothing to do with them. You can readily understand the resentment felt towards their forefathers that way.

Why this curiosity should be so prevalent among urban trendies in London and New York remains something of a mystery. But then, cities are always about the exotic, aren't they.