Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dear God. Is there anything these people wouldn't tax given a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nah, I like a bit of statism. But if my dad wants to slip me five grand he should be able to. Hasn't happened yet but you never know.....
    You don't though. Not really. You've just been brainwashed. You've had decades of Ben Elton and Alexei Sayle and all your friends preaching cobblers and you've just never really stopped to think about it.

Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What about hiring private militia? Wouldn't you like to s**** about surrounded by heavily armed men ready to do extreme violence to anyone who dares oppose you?
    Naturally. Why do you think I travel so much in Asia and Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't though. Not really. You've just been brainwashed. You've had decades of Ben Elton and Alexei Sayle and all your friends preaching cobblers and you've just never really stopped to think about it.

Until now.

You don't play this character very well. Its beneath you.

And how's the villa in France working out?

That's the point I'm trying to make though; without kids you don't actually *need* a villa in France,
    do you. And are probably fairly happy to have spared yourself the trouble and expense. Even moreso as such dwellings always seem to attract wives and children

So it doesn't much matter if the government takes all our money away in any case

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My dear old dad used to advise me as a small child: "Never have kids, Ash. They're a nightmare and a millstone round your neck. If I hadn't had kids I'd have a villa in the south of France by now."

Sound advice, really. Especially as I struggle to even look after myself properly, let alone anyone else.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the point I'm trying to make though; without kids you don't actually *need* a villa in France,
    do you. And are probably fairly happy to have spared yourself the trouble and expense. Even moreso as such dwellings always seem to attract wives and children

So it doesn't much matter if the government takes all our money away in any case
    Um, my villa is some way off. Mainly because, as you say, I don't need one, don't want one and could really do without the hassle.

Um, my villa is some way off. Mainly because, as you say, I don't need one, don't want one and could really do without the hassle.
    It's about achieving your dreams too and mine was always to have loads of hounds, for which I needed a "big villa in France." The place and the money and a' that is for them. Wives and their foul, guzzling brood are collateral.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I find your view of women's role in society hugely offensive. Or, rather, I would if I gave a **** about that sort of thing.
    Well, quite. It's none of your business, it is *their* business. Or do you also think men should decide what's right and best for them

Well, quite. It's none of your business, it is *their* business. Or do you also think men should decide what's right and best for them
    The idea of a woman's place being in the home appalls and terrifies me. What would be the point of going to work if it were not for the company of all the attractive women?

The idea of a woman's place being in the home appalls and terrifies me. What would be the point of going to work if it were not for the company of all the attractive women?
    Naturally, but that might be Berni's wife though. Or Sir C's missus. And if they too are whiling away their working days trying to peek down *your* wife's blouse, so to speak, as well then the whole thing just seems rather roundabout, to me

Naturally, but that might be Berni's wife though. Or Sir C's missus. And if they too are whiling away their working days trying to peek down *your* wife's blouse, so to speak, as well then the whole thing just seems rather roundabout, to me
    I think the old look, don't touch rule has a lot to be said for it. Anyway, I was describing the healthy and wholesome meeting of minds, as much as the gorping at boobies.