Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awimb I've gone a little obsessed with a few things.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's all to buy a place. It's looking rather grim at the moment. I think we will wait a little while longer.

It's funny you see a listing for London and just by looking at the price you know it's going to be in Edmonton. I will never move there. Other areas outside are affordable but then you are not better off because of the transport cost.

Shared ownership can get ****ed and any other schemes I see.

Still with my frugal ways I was able to purchase my new telly spur of the moment.

I feel as man I owe it to my wife to be able to purchase a property as our home. Also I am 35 this year if I am gonna get into a mental mortgage better do it now.
    Would it not make sense to buy somewhere in the 'burbs to get a foot on the ladder, as it were?

I don't really understand property prices any more. How much for a 2 bedroomed flat in Islington? £500k? £100 down and mortgage £400k? Howe much would such a mortgage be per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Would it not make sense to buy somewhere in the 'burbs to get a foot on the ladder, as it were?

I don't really understand property prices any more. How much for a 2 bedroomed flat in Islington? £500k? £100 down and mortgage £400k? Howe much would such a mortgage be per month?
    That's what I want to do. 400k would be about £2k a month over 25 years. I am of the view if I am going to spend that much. rather get a house outside of london.

I don't know if I have access to that much money however. probably 300k

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's what I want to do. 400k would be about £2k a month over 25 years. I am of the view if I am going to spend that much. rather get a house outside of london.

I don't know if I have access to that much money however. probably 300k
    Blimey, it all sounds a lot.

Mind you, when I bought my first house in 1990, I had a £60k mortgage and that cost almost £800 per month. Which was tricky, since I earned about £800 a month.

Happy days.

Mind you, when I bought my first house in 1990, I had a £60k mortgage and that cost almost £800 per month. Which was tricky, since I earned about £800 a month.

Happy days.
    If it keeps going the way it's going I can't really see how anybody in the London area being able to afford anything without getting a huge salary or inheriting some monies or cash. no matter how the economy is doing places are being built all over the place.
    There was a new development in Palmers green I inquired about. 2 bed room flat 592k for a place next to a petrol station and the North circular.

It's all very depressing.

Happy days.
    First flat is 1985 cost 17k..... worth a bloody fortune now, hey ho
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

How much for a 2 bedroomed flat in Islington? £500k??

Our one-bed is almost that now. When we bought the difference between a one and two bed was about 30-40k. Now it's nearer £250k

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Our one-bed is almost that now. When we bought the difference between a one and two bed was about 30-40k. Now it's nearer £250k
    I'm looking at a 7 bedroom barn conversion near Penrith at £700k... it's very pretty but not quite the right area.

I'm looking at a 7 bedroom barn conversion near Penrith at £700k... it's very pretty but not quite the right area.
    Also, what the fúck would I do with 7 bedrooms?

Also, what the fúck would I do with 7 bedrooms?
    Does beg the question, why are you looking at it?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Does beg the question, why are you looking at it?
    It's nice. I'm wondering whether to sell up and retire.