Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
What's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much. - It is smaller for a start, size 4 normally instead of a 5. Not sure about the weight as there is different recommended weights at different levels of football.

Can you dribble the ball like a football? - Yes but not something you will see a lot.

Why do the goalies use those stand things. - Recent innovation as they are kicking from the ground and formerly their main target was to achieve both height and distance. Keepers have become more tactical in recent years with shorter kick outs to defenders in order to build play from the back.

If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper? - purely positional as that is his fixed role. Why have forwards in football when anybody can score.

It's a great sport and is very tribal in nature. You are from an area, a county and you support that county and no other. You may hate other counties at wll.

Can be rough also. This is of course many years ago, not even sent off.

I really enjoyed it it was quite exciting. I can't remember who was playing in the game I watched. There didn't seem to be any scoring then all of a sudden it was back and forth.

Saw a few good whacks too. I will start to follow it.