Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How has this ban on seven countries suddenly become

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, nobody would be able to guess at that, imo
    My sauce (the internet) tells me that the two arrested suspects are Syrian refugees.

He could be lying, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My sauce (the internet) tells me that the two arrested suspects are Syrian refugees.

He could be lying, of course.
    Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-30-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ non-muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.
    Absolutely right

Yes. Since absolutely everyone on twitter has a vested interest in them being either a/ non-muslims or b/ non-muslims, I'm going to ignore every source except a government or mainstream media one on that.
    Something called CBC News quoting anonymous police sources apparently.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I mean look at this lovely clear bit of reporting

"One of the suspects was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and one was aged 27, Le Soleil reported."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Something called CBC News quoting anonymous police sources apparently.
    Anonymous sources aren't really worth shît at the end of the day, though, r.

Anonymous sources aren't really worth shît at the end of the day, though, r.
    They are if they're right, imo. Sometimes it's all you get.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

From the CBC:

A witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Québécois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot, they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head.

"There were even kids. There was even a three-year-old who was with his father," the witness said.

This is going to get rather interesting, I think.

What gets me is that so many of the lefty liberals in this country who are up in arms about Trump doing what he said he would do in his campaign are the same lot who are calling out the Leave campaign about the fact that 350 million a week won't be spent on the NHS when we leave the EU.

Of course the key difference is that Trump is in a position to do what he said he would do using executive power, and the Leave Campaign were only able to say what could be done better with the money we spunked on the EU. But don't let facts get in the way of the liberal lefties right to be outraged when it suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I guess people might reasonably argue it's a de facto ban on Muslims from those countries listed.

Anyway, it was Obama's list of countries. Trump has merely taken the list Obama's administration compiled to tighten up visa control and applied a more hard line approach. As he said he would while campaigning during the election he went on to win.
    Take him seriously but not literally, and not the other way about as his critics continue to do.