Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ****ing sick of playing these ****s every ****ing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It would definitely be pinnacle of club football if we won it. Also, not being in Europe gives you a better chance of winning the league, it seems. Perhaps we need a less consistent manager who will finish 7th one year to give us a decent crack at the league.
    If our manager did that, he'd have to sell half the squad as a punishment though
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I bet you wouldn't find it boring if we weren't in it every year.

Spoilt, that what we (I mean you) are.
    For Arsenal supporters of a certain vintage though, the competition simply isn't in our DNA. Unlike, say, it is for Liverpool or Manchester United fans of similar period.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If our manager did that, he'd have to sell half the squad as a punishment though
    Right. And goodness knows what would happen to Ivan's bonus. I'd rather be in it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    For Arsenal supporters of a certain vintage though, the competition simply isn't in our DNA. Unlike, say, it is for Liverpool or Manchester United fans of similar period.
    That was a different competition, really. Most of the good teams were in the UEFA Cup back then. Get past Anderlecht and it was Dynamo Tractowerks all the way to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with you as our involvement neither heightens the user experience nor does it cause me to watch it more often that I may do otherwise.

In summary I think you are wrong.

For a start they need to reduce the number of teams and dispense with all the ****e from the group stages. Look at our group this year for example, Ludogorets and Basel. *******s. Both of them can **** right off.

p.s. I am not sure I care for your tone
    How bored do you think Leicester supporters are with it?

And furthermore, what you refer to as, '****e from the group stages' consists of games of football. Surely if one likes football, one enjoys watching games of football? You seem to be arguing against having games of football. But you like to watch football. It's not even as if you have to watch the football. But the football is there, being played, to watch if you like to watch football. But you don't want those games to be there.

I am very confused.

Right. And goodness knows what would happen to Ivan's bonus. I'd rather be in it, tbh.
    We have to be in it for playing reasons, those existing employees plus the recruitment of new. May get away with one year absence but then massive pressure in season 2.

That was a different competition, really. Most of the good teams were in the UEFA Cup back then. Get past Anderlecht and it was Dynamo Tractowerks all the way to the final.
    Rememeber when we won 4-1 at Lkomotiv Leipzig?

How come I can remember results from 1978 but not last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How bored do you think Leicester supporters are with it?

And furthermore, what you refer to as, '****e from the group stages' consists of games of football. Surely if one likes football, one enjoys watching games of football? You seem to be arguing against having games of football. But you like to watch football. It's not even as if you have to watch the football. But the football is there, being played, to watch if you like to watch football. But you don't want those games to be there.

I am very confused.
    I must admit to watching less football, domestic and CL, this year than any in previous living memory, despite having more than ever at my disposal.

I did however watch both Torino v Juventus and then Benfica v Sporting yesterday. Strange world.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I must admit to watching less football, domestic and CL, this year than any in previous living memory, despite having more than ever at my disposal.

I did however watch both Torino v Juventus and then Benfica v Sporting yesterday. Strange world.
    Whence came this additional time, sw? You've not retired, surely?

I don't think ignoring or downgrading historical achievements is a good thing, to be honest.