Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Least surprising news of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hold on, if said peedofiddler had served the appropriate sentence, surely he is entitled to return to his profession? Isn't prison supposed to be about rehabilitation?

You and your mates round the podiatrist's tonight with the flambeaux, are you?
    This isn't about the individual's entitlement, it's about the attitudes that surround the two crimes and the way in which said attitudes would affect the likelihood of his future employment. In the case of a nonce, there is absolutely fůck all chance that any club would re-employ him just because he said he wasn't guilty and was appealing - let alone a chance that thousands of fans would take up his case.

And yet, because it's rape, the attitudes are totally different. That discrepancy worries me not a little, since it speaks of some nasty underlying attitudes.

Hold on, if said peedofiddler had served the appropriate sentence, surely he is entitled to return to his profession? Isn't prison supposed to be about rehabilitation?

You and your mates round the podiatrist's tonight with the flambeaux, are you?
    The Arsenal's Robin van Persie - stitched up by a lying slaaaaag
    Man United's Robin van Persie - he got away with rape thon ****

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Virtue Signalling, if that's the correct term, does not need to depend on facts, I think.

Check you out with the hip terms, r!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Check you out with the hip terms, r!
    I know. I blame the kids.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    The Arsenal's Robin van Persie - stitched up by a lying slaaaaag
    Man United's Robin van Persie - he got away with rape thon ****
    In fairness, she did say, 'no'.

So I've heard, anyway.

So in other words you're claiming you'd be happy for your club to employ a convicted *****phile and let him run out on the pitch with a Junior Gunners, etc, etc?

Bullshít would you.
    No, as I said, I would not want my football club to do anything, including offering him a position, until the appeal process was over. However, I would not feel it was my position to publicly condemn the man in the process.

This isn't about the individual's entitlement, it's about the attitudes that surround the two crimes and the way in which said attitudes would affect the likelihood of his future employment. In the case of a nonce, there is absolutely fůck all chance that any club would re-employ him just because he said he wasn't guilty and was appealing - let alone a chance that thousands of fans would take up his case.

And yet, because it's rape, the attitudes are totally different. That discrepancy worries me not a little, since it speaks of some nasty underlying attitudes.
    What if the charge had been shoplifting? Would you allow for a two-tiered attitude then?

Either you have some respect for the justice system, or you don't, in which case it's pitchforks at dusk all the way to the castle gates.

What if the charge had been shoplifting? Would you allow for a two-tiered attitude then?

Either you have some respect for the justice system, or you don't, in which case it's pitchforks at dusk all the way to the castle gates.
    Yes. There is a clear moral difference between a crime of violence and a crime against property.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, as I said, I would not want my football club to do anything, including offering him a position, until the appeal process was over. However, I would not feel it was my position to publicly condemn the man in the process.
    So in effect you would agree with those people who didn't want him re-employed by Sheffield United or another club, then?

it speaks of some nasty underlying attitudes.
    Yes, principally envy, I reckon. Nobody wants consequences anymore and professional footballers etc. would appear to have cracked it.

What sick ridiculous puppets we are and what gross little stage we dance on. What fun we have dancing and ****ing. Not a care in the world. As the man said.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."