Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
No. I would ask them to go where they don't make people with normal bathing costumes uncomfortable. Nudists go to nudist beaches, non-nudists go to non-nudist beaches. Peeping toms can go f uck themselves. It's not my fault their archaic anti-woman religion forces them to wear these inhumane outfits.

I can't walk into a mosque in a thong, why should they walk onto a beach in a sack? They don't want to be looked at, don't go to the beach.

Reform the middle-ages restrictions, don't encourage them with a phoney relativistic liberalism.
There is a lot of space between regressive relativism and absolute readings of every situation. I think it is dangerous and highly problematic for any organisation, especially the state, to rigidly prescribe what somebody ought, and ought not, wear. If you are doing a public job, in a public place, then its fair to make restrictions on grounds of secularism (Laicite in France) not to wear a veil for example. But, somebody going about their private business in public to be restricted from wearing what they choose is absurd. As for your examples, there is no reason to go to Mosque in a thong, but as far as I know there were no specific stipulations about required attire for the beach, until the local authority decided to make a random one. I would hazard a guess that the decision was not based on the concern for Muslim women's freedom!