Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

The Jorge
    The "he's linked us to all sorts of US sports club networks which are helping us explore new commercial models" bit.

I'm not defending it, I remain a skeptic of the septic, but they've been quizzed at the AGM over it and it does sound valid that KSE did that. Of course, tooling up our lacklustre commercial department will serve Stan in the long run but, to quote Welsh trubadour Tom Jones, everyone's a winner, baby-ah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    "he's linked us to all sorts of US sports club networks which are helping us explore new commercial models"
    Forgive me but that sounds a little bit bull**** bingo to me. Are we running these new commercial model networks up the flagpole to see how they fly?

To completely dismiss GG as boring is a massive generalisation and a massive error, also not a statement I would expect to hear or read from a real student of our club.

The Jorge
    I know, right! I mean it's almost as if he wants us to believe he owns profitable US sports franchises, right?!

My original point was that, even if it is bull****, it's not exactly like he's asset stripping, it's the ticket revenues from one home game.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To completely dismiss GG as boring is a massive generalisation and a massive error, also not a statement I would expect to hear or read from a real student of our club.
    Indeed.Amazing how many people forget we won the 89 title with a scored most goals figure

I know, right! I mean it's almost as if he wants us to believe he owns profitable US sports franchises, right?!

My original point was that, even if it is bull****, it's not exactly like he's asset stripping, it's the ticket revenues from one home game.
    One home game full of our **** fans though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    As if I'd do that, I still consider the man my footballing Dad, I learned almost everything I know about the game watching his team and he gave me the happiest moment of my (I'm contractually obliged to insert arsenal) life.

I quite like "boring" football though, I've always loved a bit of Serie A and remain partial to the continental posession game. GG's teams werent boring, especially the 91/92 team who scored 92 goals that season. I was playing with a common trope and you, of all people, I would expect to know that.

The Jorge
    You can still bank **** fans' money, reg.

The love for Wenger brooks no competition nor takes any prisoners, I'm afraid. That's actually the saddest part of the thing, for me.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

You can still bank **** fans' money, reg.
    They can't be that **** then, can they.

What are we now, up to third highest gate monies in Europe? Well ****.