Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Only Leach has a 50 as opener. Leach has a higher test average overall.

This match, JR's innings lasted 15 and 18 balls. In the 2nd innings today, Leach lasted 17 balls unbeaten for the greatest 1 n/o in test history.

Ok, if he'd been opening we wouldn't have had him to save the day at the end with his heroic 70-odd stand. But it seems the easiest way to get Jimmy back into the side.

Unless we bring in that Sibley chap (who probably hasn't played any red-ball cricket in months now the ECB only play non-slog in spring and autumn), there aren't really any other options.

I love Roy as a slogger, as I love Hales and Morgan.

But with the Ashes on the line he was almost perfect today. Stokes showed that you only need to score at 0.1-0.2 an over until you've worn the bowlers down and Leach can do that better than Roy.

All hail the Ciderabad hero.

And cleaning your glasses between deliveries is a damned sight more civilised than twitching like your trying to hide sandpaper down your bøllocks as that Convict cünt does.

I hope he gets a match-winning 4th innings five-fer and still knows it wasn't as much fun as a 50 partnership without scoring a run.

Hero.

{And if LA reads this, I still do swear on the whole Hindu Pantheon and my beloved that I really did read that article where Stokes said he'd told the management he wouldn't bat higher than 6.}

Maybe Denly can move up to 3 now he's scored a 50 that helped turn the match in a winning cause? {Especially if Leach can see the shine off more than Roy.}
Tbf - it was and still is a ridiculous statement. If Stokes had any real faith in Leach the batsman he wouldn't have tried to protect him so much. He has a first-class average of 11 ffs. Watch how he got out in the first innings - that is more his ability.

Not to take anything away from his efforts of course, but still madness to think he could open the batting. Oh - and I do believe you on the article - you not mad enough to just imagine that