Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
95 is a bit quick, though unless the place is empty. When you need to pull out to get past a middle-lane slowcoach and someone's closing at that speed it's not good imo. If everyone drove at 80 on the motorway it would be better I reckon.
I can't even drive, but my glw does. Around the turn of the century we were going to a free tekno festival (Teknival) in Holland in our really cheap Beemer 323i. (Got it from Rude Mercs/Rude Beemers in Hackney. They tarted up German motors for ragga drug dealers. Cos about £800.)

Missus driving, me in the front, two male mates in the back. Come off the ferry about 2am. Dunno if you know the road north from there but there's no payage, no cameras, really deserted etc.

It was really foggy so my beloved says she doesn't want any male egos, she will just follow the lights of the next car that overtakes, which she does.

Got the Joey Beltram tape on. Energy Flash is playing. Completely empty road in the fog with no motorway lights. After a bit, I look at the speedo and I say "Babe, we're doing 125." She says "That must be Kilometres per hour." "Er, no, babe, kms says just short of 200."

"Well **** it" says she, "I feel safer following him in this fog."

Eventually he pulls into a service station and we follow. We get out, 3 male crusty ravers looking like the dirty squatters we are. And my glw looking fairly chic as usual. He's got some brand spanking new top of the range Beemer. He looks at us, looks and my missus and gives her a polite nod. He even waited for us to get back into the car before driving off.

Think we went our separate ways around Antwerp.

Best car drive of my life. We all fell in love with that Joey Beltram Energy Flash. The tape was on auto-reverse and every time we heard it we knew we were 90 mins closer to the party. Only heard it 3 times by the time we got there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwI2AFlki4